PL-2303TA wont connect to Omron ZEN

NewGuyHere

I am very new so I will try to give as much information as possible. I cannot get a Prolific PL-2303TA USB to RS232 to connect to an Omron ZEN 10C1AR-A-V2 with Omron 8E1AR on Win10.

I have followed the exact steps in the Omron Manual and no dice. I have tried older drivers for the PL-2303 and no luck. I even selected the wrong Omron model in the ZEN support software before connecting to see if a error code would pop up and it just keeps saying Failed To Connect To Zen. I think its the cable that's the issue.

I've been reading for hours on here and in the Manual. Can not figure this out.

NewGuyHere,
Welcome to the forum.

Not all USB to RS232 converters are created equal.
Omron recommends CS1W-CIF31. It is not inexpensive, but it works with everything.
I have also had pretty good luck with Keyspan USA-19HS.

Hope this helps.