AB 5000 control logic question

elitheei

we have a service department and a couple of our customers have Control Logic. With the upgrades how do we keep up with what everyone has at the different sites and can we attach without the proper upgrade on our laptop. We get called to various plants to work and when we get there we have no idea what they have, we just drive up and drag out the laptop and go from there. We are picking up some control logic customers pretty soon.

From ControlLogix Version 10 onwards all the major versions, ie, Ver 10,11,12 &13 will all happily co-exist together installed on the same Windows OS.

All you need to do is ensure that your new customer sites have all been upgraded to Ver 10 or better and all the laptops you are going to use are loaded with all the possible versions you might need. Then there will be no problems. Just go online, upload and RSLogix5000 will automatically install the correct version of itself to match.