direct logic instruction question!

darrentpi

What instructions are equivalent to the Allen Bradley FIFL instructions, and what are they called. I have never used Direct Logic, but now I have to develop a program using box tracking instructions. Loading and unloading with FIFL's.
I am using the older Direct Logic ver 4 program, for the 405 processer.
Thanks,
Darren

Note: these instructions are available in the 440 and 450, not in the 430. The instruction Add To Top (ATT) loads the equivalent of of shift register load by shifting a range of addresses and adding data into the vacated first one. Use the instruction Remove From Table (RFT), which removes the first data then moves the rest up to make a LIFO or Remove From Bottom (RFB) which removes the bottom data and decreases the number of items in the stack to make a FIFO. Note: I haven't actually set up one of these, I'm just reading the manual which I highly recommend.

Darren,

What 405 CPU are you using? How many events, parts of whatever do you have to keep track of? Do they have to be uniquely identified?

Give some details....

Mike.

elevmike said:
Darren,

What 405 CPU are you using? How many events, parts of whatever do you have to keep track of? Do they have to be uniquely identified?

Give some details....

Mike.

Hi, Ok here is the senerio I am using a color eye to detect boxes, that are of three different colors, EG. red boxes, blue boxes, green boxes. We have a box maker, that produces these colored boxes, and they travel along a conveyor, and will be diverted via a pusher at different stations.
What I want to do is build a program, in ladder to track these boxes via a FIFO instruction or something, and then a compare instruction at each drop off location. If the photo eye at lets say red diverter drop offsees a box, then push the box, if the data in the FIFO is equivelant to the word data in the compare instruction, if those values are the same push the box.
If the values are different, then load another FIFL. Something like that. There are only three drop off locations, asociated for each color box. I am only using one color eye, to do this.

The processor I have is a D4 440 405 Direct Logic, but the software I have is older, ver 2. Directsoft
I dug this processor out of an old machine, so I will use it for this project.
Let me know what you think,
Darren

Last edited:
Darren,

I think that this is a continuation of another thread.

Irregardless, the FIFO code posted by Bob in the link I provided above should get you well on your way. Please note that the 440 CPU may not have the NOT instruction, but it can be easily substituted.

Please take a look at that thread, then post any questions.

I'm outta time right now..

Thanks, Mike.

In order to open the example programs mentioned in the above link, you will need a ZIP archive program such as WinZIP. UnZip the programs and place into a folder on your hard drive. Then you should be able to open the programs.

PS. Be sure to get the program that corresponds to the support level of Directsoft that you have. Eg if you have PC-PGM-205 which only supports the DL205 family of processors, get the version for the DL205. Otherwise Directsoft won't open it. If you are not sure what version of Directsoft you have, open Directsoft and go to Help -> About. It will list the CPU support levels that are installed.