Software for IMO PLC

Rocco

I am trying to find a copy of the software for programming an old IMO Nexus 5 PLC. I believe it to be called CAPS5 or CAPS6. I have tried the manufacturer but they seem to have washed there hands of the PLC and will not provide any support. If anyone knows where I can get a copy it would be of immense help. Thank You

Rocco,

Sorry, I have never run across that brand here in the States. I have found that a good place to find old brands still in use is in the Technical colleges and Vocational trade schools. They often keep training on the old units long after everone else has quit using them.

Hi Rocco!

I have old caps6 software for you if you still intrested. I managed to get it from IMO couple a weeks ago, but when I asked for some more help (communication setting for nexus1) they didn't answer my email. So I have the software, but I can't up- or download enything. IMO gave me also connectionsheet of the cable, but only thing I can do is to check the status of plc and change that (run / program). So I need some help too. Please mail me [email protected]

I think we don't have any end user for IMO PLC's here in Finland.

Regards

Antti

Hi Antti
Thanks for the reply but fortunately, after some persuasion, my company finally decided to do away with the Nexus 5's in our equipment because of the lack of support from IMO and the fact that the software had been "lost". I have now upgraded some of them to S7224's and TD200's. Amazingly a month after the first upgrade the disc with the software "appeared". I am continuing with the upgrades though as the equipment is proving to be a lot more reliable/efficient and the operators find the TD200 more user friendly than the old TCAM units. Maybe an upgrade of some sort will be more effective in your situation.

Hi Rocco,

I am located in Portsmouth and have been assigned the task of extracting programs from a number of PLC's on the site where I work. This includes a number of Nexus1 PLC's.
I am looking for old programming keypads or software packages to achieve this goal. Any information would be appreciated.

struglling

I am trying to find a copy of the software for programming an old IMO Nexus 5 PLC. I believe it to be called CAPS5 or CAPS6. I have tried the manufacturer but they seem to have washed there hands of the PLC and will not provide any support. If anyone knows where I can get a copy it would be of immense help. Thank You

I have lot of this plc ( nexus 5 , about 9 pieces ) , if somebody have the software for this plc it would be great to have it and make use of these pieces for cmall applications

have lot of this plc ( nexus 5 , about 9 pieces ) , if somebody have the software for this plc it would be great to have it and make use of these pieces for cmall applications

From IMO about Nexus 5 in April 2022:
"This PLC is no longer supported and has been obsolete since September 2000. Please see the manual and programming cable diagram attached for the same.

The software can be downloaded from the link below.

https://*****/t-KCXXmSiZ80"

This works in DosBox on Win10.

I have not been able to read out a copy of the program in my Nexus 5. Every other function in the program works but this one, and from the manual I believe I need the current password on the Nexus 5, which I don't have.

Feel free to email me for the manual, it is too big to attach here.
[email protected]

Hello Aaron222: Welcome to the forum. You have replied to a post from 2017. Normally you should only reply to relatively recent posts. Such old posts may not be relevant anymore. If you have a new inquiry, it is better to start a new post. I hope this forum will be helpful for you. It has been for me.

Hello Aaron222: Welcome to the forum. You have replied to a post from 2017. Normally you should only reply to relatively recent posts. Such old posts may not be relevant anymore. If you have a new inquiry, it is better to start a new post. I hope this forum will be helpful for you. It has been for me.

Informational update to an old thread for future viewers... and unfortunate victims of those PLCs. No point in creating an extra thread for such.

From IMO about Nexus 5 in April 2022:
"This PLC is no longer supported and has been obsolete since September 2000. Please see the manual and programming cable diagram attached for the same.

The software can be downloaded from the link below.

https://*****/t-KCXXmSiZ80"

This works in DosBox on Win10.

I have not been able to read out a copy of the program in my Nexus 5. Every other function in the program works but this one, and from the manual I believe I need the current password on the Nexus 5, which I don't have.

Feel free to email me for the manual, it is too big to attach here.
[email protected]
hi Aron do you mind to resend the software and the catalog they were expired on wetransfer before I could reach them
thanks in advance