Where to start with PILZ

blima

Hello!

I came accross some PLC's from PILZ in cable cars. I'm very confortable with Siemens STL and SCL, but I'm zero with PILZ. I'm think learning the basics of PILZ, so I can troubleshoot this type of systems.

The idea that I have is the programs are closed/password and I can not access any type of usefuly information, only the manufacturer.

Is it true? Or if I learn I can troubleshoot and eventually change the program in this PLC's?

Perhaps getting started documents would be great!

Thanks,
Bruno

The PILZ websites look like they have information on their PLCs, thats where I would start. As far as the pass-wording, its very normal, if not required, to protect the safety portion of the PLC program. Just like editing the safety program in a Siemens PLC. You should contact the original supplier if you want to be able to modify the programs currently in the PLCs.

thanks for the input! I think I will make a list of the hardware that I have on site and after studying it, I will contact the manufacturer!

Thanks,
Bruno