Red Lion HMI with DL405

joeboucher

I'm currently attempting to replace the HMI on an existing system with a Red Lion Graphite or G3 HMI. The PLC on the system is a Siemens Simatic TI435 (now sold by Automation Direct as DL405).

Is Red Lion compatible with this PLC? If so, which driver do I use, and what cable do I need? I'm having trouble tracking down the answer, due to the fact that this particular PLC has had a fairly lengthy history, having been sold by so many companies (TI, Siemens, Automation Direct) over the years.

I'm currently attempting to replace the HMI on an existing system with a Red Lion Graphite or G3 HMI. The PLC on the system is a Siemens Simatic TI435 (now sold by Automation Direct as DL405).

Is Red Lion compatible with this PLC? If so, which driver do I use, and what cable do I need? I'm having trouble tracking down the answer, due to the fact that this particular PLC has had a fairly lengthy history, having been sold by so many companies (TI, Siemens, Automation Direct) over the years.

There are DirectNet and K Sequence Drivers. For Siemens they list TI-500 series drivers.

That PLC was a Texas Instruments TI-435 and they don't list a specific driver for that unit.

I guess I don't really have an answer for you, but I do have quick access to the Crimson 3.0 configuration software if you want me to look for something specific.

Edit - a quick look at the Automation Direct Site says that the D4-4xx PLCs use DirectNet and K Sequence and the D4-450 has Modbus, too. I think you will be fine.

There is also a Modbus TCP add-in card you could use.

Last edited:
That's what I found too. Looking more into the PLC, it says that it speaks both DirectNet and KSequence, so it shouldn't be a huge problem.

Thanks for the help.