B&R automation studio: FileIO

nickygriff

Hi guys,

Just started using PLCs last week. I'm trying to create an example file which will save an integer on one of the usb sticks or the laptop connected via RJ45.

The FileIO FBs all have a Pointer to device name. Where do I find the device name?

Thanks

Hello,

I don't know which AR version is in use, find enclosed valid for AR 3.xx and 4.xx.

The device name you will get from function block DevLink which you have to use in both cases USB and Ethernet.

When you look to the help on Location ID 3.15.15.7.3.28 so there is description of DevLink function block. This function block has these parameters

I/O
Parameter
Data type
Description
IN
pDevice
UDINT
(given as a pointer to STRING)
Enables the function block (FB)

Pointer to the device name. Name of file device. It can be used by the other FBKs after a successful linking (e.g. FileCreate, etc).

Device names are case sensitive.

You can see that there is pDevice parameter so you will add some name it's up to you and this name you will use for other function blocks from FileIO library.

So the notation in Stucture Text will looks like e.g.

DevLink.pDevice := ADR('myDisk');

Device name is myDisk in this case.

So when you will call another function block e.g. FileCreate

I/O
Parameter
Data type
Description
IN
pDevice
UDINT
(given as a pointer to STRING)

Pointer to the device name. Points to the name of an existing file device (e.g. “HD0”) that was created with AS or the DevLink FBK.

so you will use as device name myDisk. So the notation in ST will looks like:

FileCreate.pDevice := ADR('myDisk');

If there are still open points you can contact the responsible B&R office in your near - for sure they are happy to help you.

Unfortunately I can't include a table here. but you have to read it like that:

I/O: IN
Parameter: pDevice
Data type: UDINT (given as a pointer to STRING)
Description:

Pointer to the device name. Name of file device. It can be used by the other FBKs after a successful linking (e.g. FileCreate, etc).

HI,
I am using automation studio version4.3.

I want to save datalogging(csv files) from PLC (x20) to USB with help of*FileIO.
I used AsUSB library first and*I used *(example, LibAsUSB1_ST) program to get path of USB and*I get the system the path / bd0.

(* Program
*CREATE_FILE_DEVICE:* (*Library FileIO - Functionblock DevLink() - create file out of data just from 1. USB*)
**strcpy(ADR(device_name), ADR('DEVICE_USB'));* (*fixed Device-Name get copied to device_name-Variable*)***************
**strcpy(ADR(device_param), ADR('/DEVICE='));* (*first part of parameter get copied to device_param-Variable*)**
**strcat(ADR(device_param), ADR(usb_data_buffer[0].ifName));* (*second part get added to device_param-Variable*) ****************************
**DevLink_0.enable := 1;
**DevLink_0.pDevice := ADR(device_name);* (*Devicename is assigned*)
**DevLink_0.pParam := ADR(device_param);* (*the path of the Device is assigned*)
**DevLink_0;

*)

then*I used the*whole program ( example, LibFileIO1_ST) but*I don't know how i can save my data logging file into USB.*I tried to use FileCopy for that but I don't know what should I write in destination name, source name and new file, file name?

In configutation view my datalogging file will be save in c:\

setting for data logging
configutation view->File devices->File device1->name:Datanspeicher and path:c:\

program of FileCopy
*50: (* copy a file program**)
*(**
***Handling.Functionblock.FileCopy_0.enable := 1;
***Handling.Functionblock.FileCopy_0.option := fiOVERWRITE;* (* overwrite existing file *)
***Handling.Functionblock.FileCopy_0.pSrcDev := ADR(?);* (* name of a linked device *)
***Handling.Functionblock.FileCopy_0.pSrc := ADR(?);* (* name of the source file *)
***Handling.Functionblock.FileCopy_0.pDestDev := ADR(?);* (* name of a linked device *)
***Handling.Functionblock.FileCopy_0.pDest := ADR(?);* (* name of the new file*)
***Handling.Functionblock.FileCopy_0;* (* call the function*)
**)

so what should I write into the pSrcDev, pSrc, pDestDest, pDest?

or if i am wrong then what is the right way.