Downloading logic to a PLC

razmis

I want to download logic to the following PLCs by a simple command line without having to open the programming software:
1. Siemens S7-300
2. Allen-Bradley ControlLogix\CompactLogix
3. Modicon M340

Is it possible, and how?

Why do you need to do this?

I don't believe this is possible as far as I know. Maybe via SD card transfer for the M340 but not using Unity

Why do you need to do this?

I don't believe this is possible as far as I know. Maybe via SD card transfer for the M340 but not using Unity

Also why?

For backups it could be useful, but for downloading I don't see any advantages.

However is is possible for both S.

For S7 300 it should be possible. Look into the command interface in Simatic Manager (documented on install disc 2 of step 7). If you're using Portal, look into Openness.

For S7 300 it should be possible. Look into the command interface in Simatic Manager (documented on install disc 2 of step 7). If you're using Portal, look into Openness.

The command line interface supports download of blocks Openness does not hopefully it will in the future.

The command line interface does however require that you have some programming knowledge (VB,VBA,VB.NET,C#) or similar. Its not possible to trigger download of blocks directly from the command line without you doing some programming first.

Another solution that might be easier depending on your background is BuddyForS7 which you can trigger from the command line. Its does not work with 1500 cpus only 300/400