Importing rung comments on RSLogix 5000

peludini

Hello,

I am working with Studio 5000 and due to uploading a controller with a file that was not updated, have lost the rung comments. Oddly enough it only happens in the Safety Task. The Main Task comments remain the same. An import/export would take care of my issue but, can I do this without having to unlock the safety processor and therefore changing its signature? I want to avoid that if there is a work around. The controller is a 1756-L73S GuardLogix5570 Rev 24.12, if that makes a difference. Thank you for any input!

Welcome to the forum!

I'm not sure of whether you can modify comments without safety unlocking or not - but one quick tip is that the 1756-L73S can store rung comments and other documentation in the controller, so that there are no such issues as this. In fact, they do that by default, so if they are not there, someone has deliberately chosen not to.

What I'm getting at is that if you DO have to unlock the safety PLC and generate a different signature in the end, you should make sure to download the comments into the PLC at the same time, so that you don't run across the same issue again.