Load cell - Failure due to unexpected power cut off

Rather unlikely, the only thing I can think of is that the power supply gave a peak voltage at shutdown.

How did the power supply fail? What components are you connecting it to? Are you sure it is really the load cell that failed rather than the circuit you connect it to?

Have you checked resistance across all connectors on the load cell? When disconnected, you would measure similar resistance across all internal "resistors" that make the load cell:
between ex+ and si+
between ex+ and si-
between ex- and si+
between ex- and si-

Typical resistance would be around 350 ohms.

Much more details for checking load cells can quickly be found online, e.g.: http://www.loadcelltheory.com/troubleshoot.html

I have to agree with Toine, it's hard to imagine that affecting your load cell. Now, your scale is a different story...

Did anyone do any welding in the vicinity of the scale?

What type of loadcell and indicator?