2711-B6C8 Firmware upgrade

It's one thing if you disagree with me, but it's irritating that you pretend not to read the things I write.

While I do have the CDs, I have to assume RA doesn't want the FW distributed since they don't make it freely available.

I second Ken's suggestion re: local distributor, Might also consider a local integrator though that will likely be fee-based.

While I do have the CDs, I have to assume RA doesn't want the FW distributed since they don't make it freely available.

I second Ken's suggestion re: local distributor, Might also consider a local integrator though that will likely be fee-based.
Thank you.

This is a perfect opportunity to go back to your A-B distributor and ask for help.

Maybe your company has been so bad about paying for support in the past that they'll tell you to buzz off unless you want to pay for a full-scale support contract.

Or maybe they'll take this as an opportunity to try to sell your company on the benefits of TechConnect or some of the other service products that Rockwell provides, and find the support contract that fits both your needs and your budget.

Or maybe they'll take this as an opportunity to just get in the door a little bit. An old PanelView firmware file doesn't cost them anything. But a guided tour of the facility and a couple of hours to discuss what sort of plans for migration, upgrade, and maintenance you have of your automation equipment is how distributors and salesmen build relationships.

I did find a list of the PanelBuilder32 / firmware bundles in the RA Knowledgebase as Article ID 34399 (Access Level:Everyone). It looks like firmware version 4.20 was included in the PanelBuilder 32 version 3.71 and 3.80 releases.

It's one thing if you disagree with me, but it's irritating that you pretend not to read the things I write.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I went into detail about the various commercial approaches I recommended for getting this firmware file through a legitimate commercial channel, and your next posts were "can somebody give this to me for free".

It may be that you're a terrific guy with good reasons, but that managed to metaphorically strike my ulnar nerve.

I went into detail about the various commercial approaches I recommended for getting this firmware file through a legitimate commercial channel, and your next posts were "can somebody give this to me for free".

It may be that you're a terrific guy with good reasons, but that managed to metaphorically strike my ulnar nerve.

I am asking a very simple technical question.
You are making a lot of unfounded, untrue assumptions.
Your comments & statements are totally unrelated with the facts & or the truth.

I have reported your unprofessional, hateful behavior to whoever is running this web site.
I am sure they will do absolutely nothing about it.
I have no need or use for your hateful behavior.
I hope never to deal with you again.
Thank you.

Most days I would apologize and try to look over my comments and try to smooth things over for the good of the PLCTalk community.

But I was working until 0300 and I've got a cold and I'm just plain out of patience. All things that have nothing to do with sifis or his old PanelView. He just managed to come along at exactly the wrong time.

I'm not going to make this an ad-hominem matter any further.

Most days I would apologize and try to look over my comments and try to smooth things over for the good of the PLCTalk community.

But I was working until 0300 and I've got a cold and I'm just plain out of patience. All things that have nothing to do with sifis or his old PanelView. He just managed to come along at exactly the wrong time.

I'm not going to make this an ad-hominem matter any further.
I have no idea what you are talking about.
Please stay away from me & I will definitely stay away from you.
I hope never to deal with you again.
Thank you.

Sifis Rockwell doesn't allow others to distribute their firmware. There is no revision control when you get this code from others.
I would probably call my local AB distributor, or if you have a good relationship with an AB integrator they maybe able to get it for you.

Sifis. You need to understand. Ken Roach is a guru on AB. Or Rockwell. What he doesn't know even Rockwell can't help you with.
As far as the firmware / software you seek. You are blaming both the marketing of this product and this forum. it's unpaid posters give their time freely.
Rockwell (AB) make their money by selling software updates. And licensing of products.
We can not supply you that software/ firmware. It is subject to copywrite.
The only way is to ask a friendly rep. These days that's not likely either.
So you have to pay for it.
Even if a link was posted here. We would have to delete it.

Last edited:
Also
Sifis. You need to stop reporting posts purely because you can't get someone else's software free.
Not going to happen here.