Mitsuibishi OPC over ethernet

godcixelsyd

Hi all, I'm experiencing an interesting phenomenon and was wondering if anyone more wise than me could explain it. I'm running a trial of KepwareServerEx over ethernet to a Melsec/A PLC. I've finally gotten that part working (by using UDP instead of TCP as I found in a forum today), but while testing everything I've found that if I go online with the PLC through the serial connection that I'll start getting communication errors in Kepware. I thought maybe it was an issue with having two connections from the same PC, so I installed Kepware on another computer to see if I could recreate the event and as soon as my laptop completed connecting the error started showing up on the desktop. The error comes up saying the device is not responding. I had it come up twice after making the connection with the desktop PC prior to going online from my laptop, and once I was connected it showed every 2-6 seconds. If anyone has some ideas I'd love to know what to try.

change server configuration or melsec cant handle both communications as you have experienced. what module are using with plc?more info like config or forum link you said is much appreciated.

The ethernet is an A1SJ1E71-B5-S3, followed by 4 A1SJ61BT11 (CC-Link), and 1 A1SJ71UC24-R2 (RS-232 I think). Attached is the logic I used for comms. I'll have to root around a bit later to see if I can find the forum post that said to use UDP instead of TCP. There is one other ethernet connection in the PLC set up to go to a Takebishi software (which we're thinking of replacing). That one does not seem to experience issues when I connect my PC (using RS-422 straight into the PLC). Let me know any further information that will help solve my conundrum.

Capture.JPG