Avast and Rockwell Activations

bluenoser337

Since last week, when I installed the paid version of Avast Antivirus I am getting activation failures on all Rockwell software. I mostly use 500 and 5000. Then, out of the blue, sometimes I get the "successful activation" message. A restart doesn't fix it, and not sure about turning off Avast. Anyone run into this and have a cure? Thanks!!

Update: Just checked in Activation Manager and the server was stopped. Restarted, it ran a few seconds...and then stopped again??!!

Last edited:
Update: Just checked in Activation Manager and the server was stopped. Restarted, it ran a few seconds...and then stopped again??!!

Perhaps you just need to add an "exception" to the Avast configuration. It looks like it doesn't recognise the activation service and is shutting it down to (supposedly) protect you...

Thanks daba!! I turned off Avast and the activation server kept running after I restarted it again. Now, I just have to figure out how to add an exclusion.

Thanks daba!! I turned off Avast and the activation server kept running after I restarted it again. Now, I just have to figure out how to add an exclusion.

If it's not obvious, doesn't Avast have an online chat facility, I think they did a few years ago when a client had an issue, my memory is hazy, but I think they got talked through how to add an exception....