Mathematical Integration on ABCLX

gibbom

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

I'm using ABCLX and wondered if there is a simple instruction via RSLogix5000 to perform an integration of an analogue signal by providing the analogue variable and a "sample" rate for the integration dt (change in time)?

Any direction would be great - I don't really want to create a new AOI to perform this function, merely looking for an embedded and thoroughly tested instruction.

Thanks for your comments, however telling me that it's easy doesn't really help me at all.

Thanks for your comments, however telling me that it's easy doesn't really help me at all.
You can just give up or
put a strain on your brain and learn something new.
The world is full of people that have gave up and quit learning, be different, be better, be special.

What are you going to do if there is no integrate function in the PLC? Give up?

Spoiler alert Peter
This gives a close approximation of the integral
new_out = last_out + (analog_in * gain * dt)

You can put in compare limits to avoid windup and set values to zero to reset. Down and dirty but gets the job done. The higher the resolution of the instruction call the closer the approximation.
I found all this on google with a quick search. I learned something today. Thanks Peter!