Using BootP . 1794-AENT will not retain IP Address that it is given

Good Morning ,

I am working on a new project. I am using Flex I/O with a 1794-AENT , and 3- Powerflex 525 drives. I am using BootP to use their MAC addresses to give them IP addresses. I am having an issue with the Flex I/O 1794-AENT retaining the IP address I gave it. I selected "Disable BootP" after I gave it , its IP address. I also had issues with the PowerFlex 525 drives , but I keyed them in , in parameters C129 - C132. What is usally the problem with BootP ?
I'm I doing something wrong ? I understand there is a way to do it in RS Linx ?

Thanks so much.

Some devices will not allow the BootP utility to enable/disable the BootP function.

You can typically open RSLinx and browse to the devices once they have been given an IP address. Then in the Device Properties/Configuration window you can usually enable or disable BootP manually.

OG

Yeah the bootp tool isn't very reliable. I use it to "initialize" the IP address only. Like Operaghost I then immediately go to RSLinx find the new device via IP address and configure it to 'Static' and 'disable' bootp from there.

I know some devices will not let you disable bootp/dhcp using the bootp utility if the plc has established the connection to the device.

When i setup a machine network and start setting IP's, i unhook the PLC from the network while i'm doing bootp/dhcp on the slave devices.
This should allow you to disable bootp/dhcp after it has received its address from the bootp server.

Good luck.