micrologix 1400 B

hambone9988

I am having trouble communicating between a micrologix 1400B and proficy machine edition. It is communicating over Ethernet. I can ping the processor from the PC, so I must be missing something. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I chose SLC500 since that's what I used to program all the micrologix I have, I assumed that to be correct. I've tried choosing controllogix as well and had the same result.

I'll have to try it again in the morning. I can't remember what it shows exactly. I know it accepts it at first & looks ok, but won't let you download and start runtime.

I got it! turns out (at least with my old crappy version of proficy) that micrologix can not directly communicate to cimplicity. So I set up a message command in the micrologix. I'm now reading that message from controllogix elsewhere on my network and then using that to communicate with cimplicity. Not the most fun to set up, but I got it working and I learned something lol. Thanks for offering up all the suggestions!