Using a Micrologix 1200 RTD module with a Micrologix 1400 PLC

Crazyjim30

How do you program a Micrologic 1200 RTD module using a Micrologic 1400 PLC? I'm using RSLogix Micro to program the ladder logic. I've wired the probe to the module and enabled the module through the IO Configuration menu but I'm lost on how to address the RTD in the ladder logic. The manual talks about bit settings but not where to find them or how to change them. I'm very confused.

Addressing depends on where you placed the module (slot location).

See pictures for an example if the module is placed in slot 1 (next to the controller)

The data can to read from the input file see example if module is in slot one.
Ex. first channel data would be at I:1.0

See link to the manul for an explanation of the parameters entered in the advanced configuration.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...-p.pdf&usg=AFQjCNEZWRa9cuo4KFH0y98PB9XomVyKOQ

ioconfig.png advanconfig.png data.png

Follow up: I've implemented the ladder logic for on/off temperature control but the PLC isn't picking up the RTD readings. I've looked through the manual. We have it hooked to channel 2 of the module which corresponds to Word 2 of the Input Data File of the module. I went into the the Configuration Data File for the module, found Word 2 and forced the bits in accordance with what's on pages 17 and 18 of the module. Regretfully, the RTD was so cheap that the specs don't include the resistance of the probe, the excitation current, or the filter frequency. The values in my logic aren't changing so the temperature readings aren't being picked up. Where have I goofed?

Channel 2 (which is the third channel on the card)?

What type of RTD do you have?

Post the program, its .RSS file ( zip it first). And someone can take a look on how you have it configured.