Siemens TIA portal V12 IP addresses

Gordon Coyle

Hi All,
I am just learning to use Siemens TIA portal V12 (and PLCs) and having difficulty with the IP addresses when connecting from HMI and PLC (ST-1200). I have fixed IP addresses from the company IT guys and thought that I had changed both but when programming they changed back to 192.168.0.2. Is there an easy way within the program to assign IP addresses?
I have found the Assign IP address button but it does not work?
Thanks Gordon

Hi! Welcome to the forum.

What IP is changing?

If you set the IP of the PLC/HMI in TIA under the device configuration, it should not change by itself?

I think you have to set the address in two places.

I think, from what you wrote, that you are able to go online with the PLC and change the IP address using that Assign IP Address function. That's the first thing you need to do.

Then in the program, offline, you need to right-click the controller and select Properties. On the window that opens, look for the PROFINET Interface section, then the Ethernet addresses option. That typically defaults to 192.168.0.1 for one device. You need to enter the IP address for the controller here as well. . The controller resets the IP address to whatever is configured here if the option on the windows "Set the IP address in the project" is selected, which I think it is by default.

Hi guys,

Your right tim2 I was able to change the PLC IP address but could not work out the HMI, thanks for the help been able to connect both devices and upload a simple program :)

Thanks for the help Gordon