How to calibrate a load cell & how to program mitsubishi plc for analog input

M. HASSAN

If any body could help me.
1) I have a load cell with 2mv/v output and 10-15vdc as power supply. How do I calibrate for 0-1000kgs.(for both tension and compression direction). What would be the range of the output.
2) If I obtain an standard signal how do I connect it to a mitsubishi plc(FX1S) analog module. I have experience working with siemens plc. Want to know the instruction used to acquire the analog input, how to scale etc.
Thanks in advance.

Try using a load cell amplifier to convert the mV signal from the load cell to a mA signal that can be read by the PLC. Using a load cell amplifier will also give you the benefit of setting the tare weight. Set your zero when the vessel(?) is empty and then add a known weight and set your span. If you want to read an analogue value with a PLC it is always advisable to read the manual first, both for the PLC and the transmitter (e.g. load cell).

Best Regards

Mitsu

Hi mohamed
the instructions used in mitsu PLC to read the analouge input is the FROM command.

M. HASSAN

What type of I/O card of mitshubishi do you use ?
Before you are able to use the loadcel on a PLC you have to have a convertor for it like ushidayo metionend.

If you give me the type of card you are using I will try to point you in the direction of a manual, programming example.

Jurgen

How to acquire an analog signal on a mitsubishi plc-FX1S

First I would like to thanks all the participants. I still have some confusion & I would like to know;

1. The analog card I am using is FX1N1ADBD & it is the first expansion card. The 'TO' & 'FROM' instruction is not present in the instruction set. The plc is FX1S-14MR & software for ladder programming used is FXGP-WIN.

2. If FX1S mitsu. plc supports the analog input than which instruction or method do I have to use to acquire the analog I/P.

3. The I/p signal is 0-10V. What will be the discrete values. Is it
0-4000.

4. Is there any website from where I can download the above information.
Thanks again.

Last edited:
Hi

I recently did a job involving load cells on to a Mitsi PLC. The panel there had BE9's in it go to the products page here to read about them Bolton Electronics

The BE9's controlled the tare and the scales and this was fed back to the Analogue in of the PLC.

Not sure if this is needed or whether you can put the load cell direct in to the PLC and scale it from there (like Siemens) but thought I'd point it out...

:)

I am also involved in a load cell to Mitusubi PLC project. My project currently uses a Vishay 0-2kg loadcell with an Omega amplifier hooked up to a Mitsubishi FX2N PLC and a Beijer E-50 operator interface. In my case, I have to convert weight to a unique, propietary scale representing something similar to the MOI of the product. Here's what I've found so far:

1) The load cell must be connect via an amplifier of some type. Either mV to V (i.e. 0-10) or mV to mA (i.e. 4-20).

2) AD BD board: The FROM and TO statements are not applicable to the BD board. This is not a module, but add-on hardware that plugs into the from of the FX1N. The BD board is 12 bit and doesn't have Gain or Offset capablilities.

3) You will want to use an Analog module. This attaches as an additonal piece of hardware to the left side of the PLC base unit. Avoid using the FX0N-3A unit. This is a combo 8 bit (0-255) 2 analog in/1 analog out. You'll want to investigate the FX2N-4AD. There's nothing currently available with less than 4 analog inputs as an add-on module. This unit uses the FROM/TO statements. It also allows additional software tuning of Gain and Offset. Examples of all this are in the instruction sheet that comes with the module.

4) Another path that I'm exploring is using hardware provided by Renu Electronics. The model is an Eagle0201 which is configurable for many different signal combinations. Talk to their applications engineer. BTW, using this device, no amplifier is required.

... rab

Last edited:
Hi all,

Info I have show that you get a FX1N-2AD-BD. This is a 2 channel analog input card (0-10V/ 4-20mA).

You can select input mode (voltage/ current) by doing the following:
Set M8112/3 Off: Channel 1/2 Voltage Mode Input
Set M8112/3 On: Channel 1/2 Current Mode Input

You will get the digital value in registers D8112/3.

When connecting a voltage input, connect between V1+ and VI- for channel 1, or between V2+ and VI-. (The two channels are not isolated from each other -using same common).

When connecting a current input, connect between V1+ (bridged with) I1+, and VI-. Same connection for channel 2(V2+ bridged w/ I2+ and VI-).
Analog card's resolution is 12-bit. (0-4000).

The documentation includes a sample program and everything explained above.
Attached is the pdf, zipped!

Good luck! :)