Omron Zen - Input always on?

zenml

Hi

I am setting a system up as per the attached picture, 5 inputs that are always present.

These are sensors I have in an injection mould, if one input turns off, then the output turns off.

I suppose what im asking however, is it ok to have inputs present continually like this?

Mike

plc.jpg

It is OK for an Input to be on all the time.

The code you have shown should work but it could be reduced by putting up to 3 inputs in series on the 1st rung. Then, put the last 2 two plus M0 in series on the 2nd rung. Of course, the rest of the rungs would need to be updated or changed to take those changes into account.

See attached pdf for example of your code re-arranged as I tried to describe.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

I am very new so I will try to give as much information as possible. I cannot get a Prolific PL-2303TA USB to RS232 to connect to an Omron ZEN...
Replies
Views
Hi, after 30 years involved with automation I'm actually writing my first PLC program and am struggling a fair bit. My background is mechanical...
Replies
Views
Hello all, new on here, and relatively new to plc programming. I am trying to write a program which counts as it receives a cycle end input, and...
Replies
Views
I am trying to write a program for a omron zen plc. 1st light on for 30 sec 2nd light on for 12 sec 3rd light on for 3 sec then start all over...
Replies
Views
Hi there, wrote my first Omron Zen Smart Relay program yesterday. Had a question about using the internal counter C that I am displaying using...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom