Serial communication between Compactlogix L19ER & Micro850

Hi Experts.

I need your help, I wanna communicate a MIcro850 with L19ER CompactLogix
through Serial communication (Modbus RTU).
I am using ILX34-MBS485 for compactlogix in order to make the communication with micro850
Note : the distance between the 2 CPUs more than 100 meter.
Any idea or useful papers in this case

Thanks

Firejo said:
Why not use Ethernet?...

mahmoud shahien said:
...Note : the distance between the 2 CPUs more than 100 meter...

I think our friend is investigating other options due to the age old distance limitation of 100 meters for Ethernet copper media.

Ethernet is still an option here but to connect these two greater than 100 meters apart controllers together using Ethernet would require intermediate appliances which facilitate long distance interlinking, such as fibre media between two switches...

50865 - Connecting two Allen-Bradley Controllers, 100-2000 meters apart, over Ethernet
Access Level: TechConnect

This may or may not be a suitable option for this particular application, but still, I'd like those not sure in general to be aware of this normal practice of using fibre media to bridge longer distances while using Ethernet based protocols.

Regards,
George