Yasakawa A1000 Drive and simense s7-300 PLC comunication via profibus

Hasitha

Dear superiors,
When i try to communicate Yasakawa A1000 AC Drive and simense s7-300 plc via profibus the drive shows error bb on its display. Acording to the drive manual it means
Baseblock or Drive output interupted as indicated by an external baseblock signal.

Please explain me this error and tell me how to mitigate this???:cry:

I cant understand what this means

Base Block is a command given to the VFD that instructs the processor to immediately discontinue supplying power to the base emitters on all of the output transistors, effectively removing all energy from the motor. It is typically used in Safety Functions, such as Safe Torque Off in lieu of opening an output contactor. That is not an "error code", the drive is just telling you that it has received a Base Block command so that you know why the motor is not running. Why or how it is getting a Base Block command is something you will need to investigate.

If I recall correctly, I THINK that perhaps the S120 drive has an "Enable" input that needs to be "hard wired" for use with a Safety Relay for example. So if in your plan to use network control of the drive, you assumed that you did not need to connect any of the terminal blocks, that may be your error.

This is my drive wiring.still im having the issue.

Ok, come on, you have to put in at least a little bit of effort here. Despite the mistake I made in referring to a Siemens drive part number instead of Yasjawa, the situation is exactly the same. I gave you the necessary information to find the cause and it appears you did not even try. It literally took me longer to find a link to an on-line manual than it did to find the problem using it based on what I gave you earlier, less than 3 minutes total. Probably took you longer to take and post that photo. Are you really qualified to be doing this work?

Last edited:
Dear sir

Im trying to do this for a week now.i programmed yasakawa using drive wizard plus . Im not joking here.after your reply i removed those hardwires and tried again.but failed ..
Whatever ill try again.

I think this is the manual i have to go through..if you can plz take a look this and advice me. Look H 08 and 09 for base block no and nc contacts..im confused.

20170223_081124.jpg 20170223_081115.jpg

i have not experience on this item,base on manual user,

just guess your profibus run command baseblock already active in meantime you also using external to trigger the H1-08

else guess if you set to H1-08 to 8 the drive stop if contact close S8 to SN.

i atached all parameters in H channel.also i have made h 01-08 into 0F .but the error is still remain the same. the alarm occurs when da time i run profibuss chanel active.

16649414_745208308960034_7495644172013224383_n.jpg

what you can do now is to restore factory default/initial the parameter,

cycle the power,

test it without profibus card,setup to normal/standard configuration if error not exist
this means error comes from your configuration messing or your A1000 have problem

Yeah sure what you wanna know?

I'm interested in knowing your application. I do have following questions as well. I am new to controls and I am not sure how much meaningful these questions are.

1. Why profibus? Is it better than using modbus?

2. For your application, could you have used a PC instead of a PLC?

3. Would the base block error or any other error pop up if a PLC of another brand is used with this Yaskawa drive? I'm curious to know.

I'm not sure I am expecting too much but I would appreciate a response upto any extent.

I would be grateful if you would share anything more additionally.

P.S.
I would like to share the two documents which solved your problem.

http://www.miel.si/wp-content/VsebinaPDF/SIEP-C71061627C-02-YAS+A1000+UsersManual.pdf

http://www.infoplc.net/files/descargas/yaskawa_motoman/infoplc_net_AN_AFD_30.pdf