Connecting to OMRON omron ns5-sq11b-v2

kalabdel

Hello,

I was unable to connect to and OMRON HMI :ns5-sq11b-v2 using CX Designer version 3.6. I connected directly into the Ethernet port at the back of the panel.

I used menu items: PT>Transfer>Transfer[From PT].

The program doesn't seem to be doing much and after quite a few minutes I get a timeout error. Any what to look for in terms of troubleshooting as I'm not getting even a hint of what went wrong?

Thanks
Kal

omron error.png

I configured the Ethernet setting based on search results I got that suggested setting FINS source and destination to 0 and 1 .

I a now reading some notes about the need to "map a different network address to serial port in the routing table of PLC" but not sure what that means yet.

Thanks
Kal

Did you check the system menu on the NS?
This will show the IP address and node address for the NS.

You can access the menu by touching two opposite corners on the screen.

I was back at it again today and got into the system menu and found the node and network numbers but not the IP tried with what I had but no luck. Also the software seem to need a restart after every connection fail.

Last edited:
Use a USB cable - much easier for first time. You can set the lot up easily then.

Thanks BobB,

I tried with a USB cable and I got the first dialog box followed by a second one. (see attached) The second one lasts forever until I have to open windows task manager and end the process. The folder where I saved the project contains two files: Nstrans.cdm (38 KB)and FileTrans.ini (3KB). Not sure what those files are but I couldn't open them i designer.

Thanks
Kal

first.jpg second.jpg

Select the USB settings as per the pic and upload - works for me every time.
The file is *.IPP and it will also save a folder under the name you select for saving. This contains all the graphics etc.

USB.jpg

Select the USB settings as per the pic and upload - works for me every time.
The file is *.IPP and it will also save a folder under the name you select for saving. This contains all the graphics etc.

Thanks Bob, I will give it a try tomorrow. How about the node setting, set or ignore them?

1.png

Last edited: