Parking Garage Sensor

cruzgalvan

I have an assignment that I have to do with a PLC and a parking garage. The parking garage can fit 15 cars but the light has to be green up until the garage reaches 13. At 13 and 14 the yellow light will flash with 9 seconds on and 6 seconds off. Once the garage is full at 15 the red light will turn on. I have most of the program wrote but I am having trouble with get a timer for the yellow light to flash on for 9 seconds and stay off for 6 seconds.
X1 is start pushbutton NO
X2 is a stop pushbutton NC
C0 is rune mode relay
X3 is car entering
X4 is car exiting
X2 stop pushbutton NC
X3, 4, and 2 are connected to a UDC
CTA0(counter CTO value)< K13
SP4 (1 second) CTA0>= K13 CTA0<K15
CTO is lot full

1.jpg

I upload the requirements for my project along with an update program in direct soft 5. I was wondering if anybody knows if this is set up correctly or not?

2.jpg

Attachments

• PLC Project Description March2017.docx
    18.8 KB · Views: 12
You'll probably need to use two timers to get an assymetrical flash.

Timer 1 times for 9 seconds.
Once Timer 1 finishes timing, Timer 2 starts timing.
Timer 2 times for 6 seconds.
Once Timer 2 finishes timing, it resets Timer 1, which will in turn reset Timer 2.
Rinse and repeat.
Your yellow light turns on while Timer 1 is timing, but not finished timing.

Give that a shot

If this was an Allen Bradley project I’d be more confident but…

Add a rung that latches a bit when the vehicle count goes above 12 (let’s call the bit “B3:0.0”)

Add a rung that when B3:0.0 goes high a timer starts. Set the timer for 15 seconds

Add a rung that has B3:0.0 as a "N/O" input and a “less than” comparison. Have the comparison set so that when the timer’s accumulator is less than 10 an output that is the yellow light goes on.

Reset the timer when it is done or B3:0.0 goes low/open

Unlatch B3:0.0 when the vehicle count goes below 13 or above 14.

When the vehicle count is 13 or 14 the timer will start and when the timer’s input is less than 10 the output to the yellow light will be on. When the timer’s accumulator hits 10 then the comparison will no longer be true and the output will go off. When the timer resets the comparison will be true and the output will go on. When the vehicle count goes below 13 or above 14 B3:0.0 will be unlatched and the timer stops and the yellow light output will go off

Last edited:
Quick tip - add some rung comments and device comments to your program. Not only is it just generally good practice, it makes it a lot easier for us to follow what's going on and understand what you're trying to achieve. The easier you make it, the more people will be inclined to help :)