Upload from OMRON CP1L and CJ2M

kalabdel

Hello Gentlemen,

It's been a busy week with lots of new hardware for me so I got quite a few questions.

I need to add to and change programs on two separate units on equipment that I'm not entirely familiar with and the program is in a language I don't speak. The modifications are simple but I want to make sure that when I download the modified program I will not be messing up some configuration, hardware or otherwise, that was not uploaded with the program. I have experience with some of Siemens' PLCs and know that some units, depending on firmware version and TIA software version, may not allow for hardware configuration upload.

Question :
What precautions should I take to makes sure I don't have a disaster on my hand. Bear in mind I have no reason to change any of the current hardware configuration.

Question 2:

When I uploaded the program from the CJ2M I got an error (see attachment) "Rung exceeds the maximum rungs of online edit.Extra2" I clicked OK button and then got a dialog box of Upload Successful" . Does that mean that I upload the entire program?

Cheers
Kal

upload error.png

Last edited:
My understanding of the first message is that the rung will need to be modified off-line and downloaded to the plc.

I would download the entire program and all options.
Go to the PLC pull down, Transfer, Transfer from PLC.
Check all the boxes on the dialog and click OK.
I don't have a plc here to verify OK, part.

Modify your program as needed and save. Then transfer to the plc using the PLC pull down, Transfer, Transfer to PLC. Check ONLY Program and Symbols. Then click OK. You will get a pop up indicating the controller must be switched to Stop/Program mode. Click OK, the processor mode will be changed and the program and symbols downloaded. You should get a pop up asking if you want to go back to the previous operating mode.

Hope this will help.

My understanding of the first message is that the rung will need to be modified off-line and downloaded to the plc.

I would download the entire program and all options.
Go to the PLC pull down, Transfer, Transfer from PLC.
Check all the boxes on the dialog and click OK.
I don't have a plc here to verify OK, part.

Modify your program as needed and save. Then transfer to the plc using the PLC pull down, Transfer, Transfer to PLC. Check ONLY Program and Symbols. Then click OK. You will get a pop up indicating the controller must be switched to Stop/Program mode. Click OK, the processor mode will be changed and the program and symbols downloaded. You should get a pop up asking if you want to go back to the previous operating mode.

Hope this will help.

Thanks gtsuport.

I compiled the original program and got one error which surprised me as the machine is working quite well.
It's supposed to be missing a parenthesis in a Structured Text block code. I'm still going through it as there are a lot of parenthesis in one line.

Thanks
Kal

Yes - upload successful. Just a warning that the rung size is too large for online editing. If you cad break the rung up a bit offline and download the program you will probably find it is then not too large for online editing. A regular occurrence.

What version of CX-P are you using?
If the program was created in a different language, it is possible your English version is somehow confusing the translation.?
I had an issue years ago where '[' brackets or similar were in comments, but picked up as compiler issues.
Just a WAG, could be completey different problem.

Thanks BobB

lostcontrol, I'm using version 9.61

That's what I was thinking but there's got to be more than translation.

Here's the code: Original Code (Changed variable names):

Product_per_Hour:= REAL_TO_INT (INT_TO_REAL(Variable1)/(INT_TO_REAL(Variable2)+(((100,0/60,0)*INT_TO_REAL(Variable3))/100,0)));
Notice the comma and zero as in 100,0 and 60,0. That's when I get the parenthesis error.

But when I remove the commas and zeros I get another error:

"Conversion cannot convert from Real to Integer literal."

Thanks
Kal