LM90-70 PCM 711 Configuration

pachecfp

Hello,

I have GE LM90-70 PLC that is using a PCM711 module to communicate with an RTU. I have a MegaBASIC program that I need to load and run on the PCM, but I am not having much success. I keep getting "File Not Found" when I issue a Load command and specify the path of my executable. The complete file path is C:\GEMOD.EXE, and according to the manual in order to load this file into the PCM memory I would enter L PC:C:\GEMOD.EXE. I have attached a screenshot for clarity. I know I must be making some stupidly simple mistake here, and I would greatly appreciate it if someone can point it out to me! šŸ™ƒ

PCM Error.jpg

Try it without the backslash.
L PC:C:GEMOD.EXE

The manual shows L PC:A:MYFILE.DAT for when the source file is located on a floppy drive. It may be you only need the backslash when the file is located in a subdirectory such as L PC:C:\MYDIR\GEMOD.EXE

Thank you for the quick response, Steve! Sending the command without the backslash gives the same error. I have tried several other variations with/without PC:, moving to a subdirectory and trying with/without the backslash and I get the same thing. I have also tried loading a couple different files just to make sure there is nothing wrong with GEMOD. Is it possible that I may have my keyboard input emulation set up incorrectly in Tera Term? I'm wondering if the fiilepath I am specifying might look different to the PCM than what I am actually typing, thus causing it to not see it. Unfortunately I do not have a working copy of TERMF, so I am trying both Tera Term and Hyperterminal with the same result.

I get the impression from the manual GFK-0255J, appendix C page C-10 that the PCM module attempts some sort of file conversion on .exe files. Have you tried any other files to see if they get transferred OK.

I have a 90-30 PCM module. Attach your file to a post and I'll see if I can transfer it to my module. If you'd rather not post it, I've sent you a PM with my email address. You can send it to me directly.

Hello, where you able to resolve this issue? I will rather into the termf folder where the termf is running from on the pc.

Type L and press enter
The should be a prompt asking you for the file.
Go ahead and type the name of the file plus the extension.

pachecfp sent me his program and I was able to successfully send it to a 90-30 PCM module using TERMF. Here is the text of my email response to him.
I successfully put your GEMOD.EXE file onto my 90-30 PCM module using TERMF. I ran TERMF on an XP machine with a real serial port. I havenā€™t tried it with a USB/serial converter. The only hitch was that TERMF doesnā€™t echo my keystrokes, so when I executed the ā€œLā€ command in TERMF I had to be very careful to enter the command correctly.
I had no luck establishing a solid connection with Hyperterminal. I could connect to the PCM module, but there must have been timing issues. When I did a hard reset on the PCM module Hyperterminal only displayed a fragment of the message that comes out of the module.
On the serial connection I had to use all of the signals. I could not establish a connection using only Tx, Rx and GND (Pins 2, 3 and 7). The connection I used is
2 ā€“ 2
3 ā€“ 3
7 ā€“ 5
5 ā€“ 7
8 ā€“ 4
20 ā€“ 8