Studio 5000: Find closest number in Array

janner_10

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello!

I am in the process of converting a Horner program into Studio 5000 for a customers gasifier.

The Oxygen sensors are +/- 1000 mV.

The find out the % of O2 in the vessel, I need to use a look up table I have build into a 2D Array.

Now I wish to search this array to find a value that is the closest to my reading.

Anyone have any ideas how to go about this?

TIA

You could get a bit creative with an FSC instruction. Otherwise, there's always brute force, it wouldn't be overly complex in this case.

I haven't really used FB to be able to vouch for the FGEN instruction, but I'm about to go and look at what it does...

The FGEN seems to work pretty well so far, so thanks for the suggestion.

Trouble is I now have to work out the different O2% Readings based on the vessel temp!

Attached is the look up table for those interested.