RSLogix5000 v20 - Update problem

I too just registered to say Thank You. Running RSLogix as administrator really did the trick & I would've found out without everyone's input, thanks again!!

Kept getting the same Fatal Error. Removed all Windows updates, removed all versions of 5000 (18, 19, 20) and re-installed V20 removed Factorytalk *.rnl file still Fatal error. Decided to sleep on it. Next morning I right clicked the start-up Icon for RSLOGIX5000 V20 and looked carefully to see if it was compatible, no issues there then I noticed that the "run as administrator" was unchecked. I checked it and the Fatal error went away. Amazingly I am the only one on the internet that has this issue and can provide you with this solution. I spent 8 hours scowering the internet and no one has had this problem. You guys are great !!

You absolute hero, thank you very much!! I can only imagine how much more time I would have spent trying to solve this had I not seen your post.

Administrator fixed it for me too

Thanks to those that found this fix. I wrote up a quick procedure for my guys here at work to quickly fix this issue if it pops up for them. I attached the PDF as a quick guide for those in the future.

Ron

Thanks to those that found this fix. I wrote up a quick procedure for my guys here at work to quickly fix this issue if it pops up for them. I attached the PDF as a quick guide for those in the future.

Ron

Excellent work Ron (y) (y)

Kept getting the same Fatal Error. Removed all Windows updates, removed all versions of 5000 (18, 19, 20) and re-installed V20 removed Factorytalk *.rnl file still Fatal error. Decided to sleep on it. Next morning I right clicked the start-up Icon for RSLOGIX5000 V20 and looked carefully to see if it was compatible, no issues there then I noticed that the "run as administrator" was unchecked. I checked it and the Fatal error went away. Amazingly I am the only one on the internet that has this issue and can provide you with this solution. I spent 8 hours scowering the internet and no one has had this problem. You guys are great !!
Ok that figures. I read your response 5 seconds after hanging up the phone with Rockwell tech support. Run as administrator is the solution.
I got hit with a couple windows updates yesterday.
Interestingly enough I could open some of the PLC's but not all of the PLC's and not the one I need to work on.