Siemens Simatic Step 7 (IL,FBD,LAD)

ErikSBE

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if it difficult learing programmming a Siemens S7 PLC ?

I am fammiliar with the IEC61131-3. (programming e.g. Beckhoff Twincat).

Siemens seems to be a little bit more complex ?

greating
Erik

Siemens isn't more difficult then others, it's just like other new software, it take awile to get it into your fingers.
Siemens supports IEC61131-3 but Siemens shouldn't been Siemens if they haven't put some odd things into it.

Rudi

You may be in luck. The older Beckhoff system, SCOM5, was more or less a direct clone of Step5. Given that Beckhoff is a German company and Siemens totally dominates the German market, it is probably not unreasonable to assume that they will have retained a certain similarity to Step7.

As far as I'm aware, only SCL is 100% IEC 61131-3 conform, and it's not a part of the basic package.

Hello Fritz,

Thanks for the quick reply !

Do you have any references to online training for Siemens S7?

grt
ErikSBE