1200 absolute address tags MW100--MW500 move to global DB

suboliu

Hello everybody,
for Siemens 1200
I have a question need help,
Through HMI, I use absolute address tags MW100--MW500 to set their values.
but in program, I have to use lots of their value in global DB, but 1200 block move only can do in global DB, if have ways to move MW100--MW500 to Globle DB, like DB1?

Thanks

Last edited:
maybe you could try with BLKMOV P# M100.0 byte 400
BLKMOV should be under move operations / legacy (v13+)

source: how can I move block byte or word, Dword... in S7-1200 program?

BLKMOV is supported in 1500s, but not 1200s.

Hello everybody,
for Siemens 1200
I have a question need help,
Through HMI, I use absolute address tags MW100--MW500 to set their values.
but in program, I have to use lots of their value in global DB, but 1200 block move only can do in global DB, if have ways to move MW100--MW500 to Globle DB, like DB1?

Thanks

Is this different than the other thread you posted?

The comment linked below has an answer to your question that works in one instruction. If you're using the most recent software, you can add a network of SCL to the rest of your code
(LAD, probably?), to keep things simple.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showpost.php?p=761671&postcount=11

BLKMOV is supported in 1500s, but not 1200s.

Is this different than the other thread you posted?

The comment linked below has an answer to your question that works in one instruction. If you're using the most recent software, you can add a network of SCL to the rest of your code
(LAD, probably?), to keep things simple.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showpost.php?p=761671&postcount=11
Thank you very much!
the same, Because I didn't describe clearly. see attach for my questions.

The POKE_BLK instruction that I gave in your other thread will move from M memory to DB memory so long as the DB is non-optimised. It will also go from Inputs to Outputs, M or DB, from M or DB to Outputs, and from DB to M. The setting to make a DB non-optimised is: right click the DB in the program tree, go to Properties / Attributes / and untick Optimised block access. You will then get an extra column in the DB, right click the DB and Compile it and the offset gives you the 'in' DB address, add the DB number for something like DB1.DBD48. To use the block I gave, create a new FC block and select the Language SCL enter the block as I gave. The call to the new FC will be something like below which goes from M memory (B#16#83) starting at byte 100 for a total of 10 bytes, to DB (B#16#84) 1 starting at byte 0.

The whole thing of Siemens wanting us using optimised blocks feels like a bit of a con to me, memory isn't so tight that I need to worry any more and speed really isn't an issue. All that insisting on using optimised does is limit you to Siemens HMIs and software to talk to the PLC. Strike a blow for freedom and un-optimise.

Block Copy call.JPG

The POKE_BLK instruction that I gave in your other thread will move from M memory to DB memory so long as the DB is non-optimised. It will also go from Inputs to Outputs, M or DB, from M or DB to Outputs, and from DB to M. The setting to make a DB non-optimised is: right click the DB in the program tree, go to Properties / Attributes / and untick Optimised block access. You will then get an extra column in the DB, right click the DB and Compile it and the offset gives you the 'in' DB address, add the DB number for something like DB1.DBD48. To use the block I gave, create a new FC block and select the Language SCL enter the block as I gave. The call to the new FC will be something like below which goes from M memory (B#16#83) starting at byte 100 for a total of 10 bytes, to DB (B#16#84) 1 starting at byte 0.

The whole thing of Siemens wanting us using optimised blocks feels like a bit of a con to me, memory isn't so tight that I need to worry any more and speed really isn't an issue. All that insisting on using optimised does is limit you to Siemens HMIs and software to talk to the PLC. Strike a blow for freedom and un-optimise.

appreciate