GE Fanuc Logicmaster 5 & 6

brijacq

Hi,

We are in the process of demolishing a couple of old GE Fanuc plc’s. We don’t have any method of reading the old dos logicmaster series 5 and 6 ladder programs.
Is there any way to convert them to a pdf so we can trace out the I/O connected to them? We don’t need to get online.

I have attempted to run the DOS software on various platforms.

It always gives me the message to run it on the DOS version supplied with the original disks (DOS 3.2)

I have managed to set a VM up running DOS 3.2 as the operating system, but i still get the same error message.

Last edited:
The .LAD files are attached if anyone is kind enough to convert them for me.

AUX0398 is LM5 and the other is LM6

Thanks in advance

Much appreciated Steve, as always an awesome community on this forum.

Are you running the LM6 in a VM with DOS 3.2 or actually on an old 386 PC?

The first jpg indicates that LM6 can't find a path to the correct ANSI.sys file.

The following is from the README.LM6 file in my version of LM6.

Logicmaster 6 requires at a minimum the following commands in the
CONFIG.SYS file:

buffers=5
files=20
device=ansi.sys

Do you know what version of LM6 you are trying to run?

GE Fanuc Series 6 Major CPU Fault; Need Comms

I run LM6 under DOSBox. a "ver" command returns "DOSBox version 0.74-2. Reported DOS version 5.00"

Could you please share with me how you did that? I've got a Series 6 Fanuc that has a Major CPU Fault and I don't have a Workmaster II anymore.

There aren't too many Series Sixes still in service. I sold my Workmaster II a couple of years ago to one of the last users in New England.

If you formerly used a Workmaster II with a parallel WSI card in it, be aware that you will need to have a CCM module in the Series Six for serial communications. You will also need the serial versin of LM6.
You will also need to run DOSBox on a 32-bit computer. I know the series 90 driver won't work on a 64-bit machine so I don't expect the Series Six driver will either.

Virtualbox?

There aren't too many Series Sixes still in service. I sold my Workmaster II a couple of years ago to one of the last users in New England.

If you formerly used a Workmaster II with a parallel WSI card in it, be aware that you will need to have a CCM module in the Series Six for serial communications. You will also need the serial versin of LM6.
You will also need to run DOSBox on a 32-bit computer. I know the series 90 driver won't work on a 64-bit machine so I don't expect the Series Six driver will either.

I think we used the serial version. Anyway I recently acquired the LM6 software from CIMTECH and manuals. I was trying to do the virtual machine on a 64 bit computer. So even if I have a DOS6.22 VM (Virtualbox) the driver won't work? I'm having trouble with all of the files showing up in my virtual floppy drive.
Thank you for your response. I'll try to get a 32 bit machine.

PLC File Transfer

I may have misspoke. I run DOSBox on a 32-bit XP VMWare virtual machine running under 64-bit Windows 10.

Steve, if I need to install a file onto the PLC how do I manage the files when Logicmaster is running on DOSBOX. Do I mount a second folder as D:\plc_files? Can you help with that?

Comm Check DosBox to Serial Converter

I may have misspoke. I run DOSBox on a 32-bit XP VMWare virtual machine running under 64-bit Windows 10.

Hi Steve,

Is there a way to check comm signal from PC using LM6 software without connecting to the PLC? Just wondering if I can test the software and hardware functionality before traveling back and forth to the PLC for testing.