Recommend me a scada system

rhys_m

Hi guys, I am looking in to a downtime reporting system, we have around 20 production lines here and we have a very old system for reporting minor stops, oee etc. Almost all of our machines are compact Logix/control Logix. I have managed to pull running data out and into an excel spread sheet using DDE and vba, however I am now thinking that a scada system may be alot more efficient. Here are some of the must haves

1: it will run on Allen bradley versaviews
2: it must have a trial capability to set up on one line, even if its only for a limited time.
3: it must have good online info for learning etc and be easy to use.
4: it needs to be able to output shift/day/week reports preferrably into an excel sheet that can be accessed through our network.
5: I would also like automated top loss reports etc. And also have the ability to link runs to the products (via barcode scanners)

Nice to haves

1: Web access from outside the factory
2: mobile equilvalent to access the data

I have been looking into some, so far schneider egss has caught my eye. Also rockwell factorytalk historian would be the obvious answer, however I have noticed that they use their own card to capture the actual data which doesnt seem too ideal for us. We already have a massive scada system on site running proficy ifix so that would be a potential solution.

Many thanks in advance

Rhys

Have you heard of Ignition by Inductive Automation?

1: it will run on Allen bradley versaviews
- No experience with versaviews, however google tells me they are an industrial enclosure mounted PC that runs XP. If so, they can run an Ignition client no problem
2: it must have a trial capability to set up on one line, even if its only for a limited time.
Ignition has a demo which can run for 2 hours and has no other restrictions. After the two hours, the demo can be reset for another 2...
3: it must have good online info for learning etc and be easy to use.
- Ignition has Inductive University and a support forum
4: it needs to be able to output shift/day/week reports preferrably into an excel sheet that can be accessed through our network.
- Ignition has a reporting module that can push this data into SQL which if you have a lot of data I would recommend over the excel approach (it can save to excel as well)
5: I would also like automated top loss reports etc. And also have the ability to link runs to the products (via barcode scanners)
- can be done in the reporting

Nice to haves

1: Web access from outside the factory
- can be done
2: mobile equilvalent to access the data
- ignition has a mobile module

I did download ignition at some point but have never got around to giving it ago, I'll give it an install and have a browse around it (y)