RsLogix 5000 ver19.01 on Windows 10

Yacineg

Hi guys,
I am trying to install Logix 5000 ver 19.01 on windows 10. Are there any tips for the installation?

TIA

I documented my experience of installing many versions of Logix on Windows Server 2019, which is for the purposes of this question not too different from Windows 10. See this thread.

Reading back over it now, it looks like I had no issues at all with v19, it just installed and ran.

I setup a Windows 10 system last week with some versions from 13 through 33. Versions 16, 20, and 30+ are as installed. For versions 15, 17, 18, 19 I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5000\ENU\v##\Bin\RS5000.exe right-click > properties > compatibility and selected to run in compatibility for Windows 7. For v13 I selected XP. Other versions aren't installed.

I didn't even try before setting compatibility mode. With a week of use, so far everything seems good. Windows version is 1809 LTSC. The system is offline. I had to get a Windows ISO matching the installed version, in this case 1809, to add .NET Framework 3.5 (includes 2.0 & 3.0) which was not installed by default.

V13 didn't originally install, needing .NET 1.1 so I gave up on it, but a later version installed 1.1 so I went back to 13 and installed it.

For even more details, I started with 20, 30, 31, 32 from the multiversion installer which I think has been removed from PCDC, then up through the teens, then newer 32 and 33. Then I redid 30 and 31 because the multiversion didn't install those firmware packages. Prior to installing Logix / Studio 5000, I installed CCW 12.

Your results may vary.

I setup a Windows 10 system last week with some versions from 13 through 33. Versions 16, 20, and 30+ are as installed. For versions 15, 17, 18, 19 I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5000\ENU\v##\Bin\RS5000.exe right-click > properties > compatibility and selected to run in compatibility for Windows 7. For v13 I selected XP. Other versions aren't installed.

I didn't even try before setting compatibility mode. With a week of use, so far everything seems good. Windows version is 1809 LTSC. The system is offline. I had to get a Windows ISO matching the installed version, in this case 1809, to add .NET Framework 3.5 (includes 2.0 & 3.0) which was not installed by default.

V13 didn't originally install, needing .NET 1.1 so I gave up on it, but a later version installed 1.1 so I went back to 13 and installed it.

For even more details, I started with 20, 30, 31, 32 from the multiversion installer which I think has been removed from PCDC, then up through the teens, then newer 32 and 33. Then I redid 30 and 31 because the multiversion didn't install those firmware packages. Prior to installing Logix / Studio 5000, I installed CCW 12.

Your results may vary.
How did you get v19.01 to install ?

I am getting .NET 1.1 installation error.

How did you get v19.01 to install ?
I am getting .NET 1.1 installation error.

Is it failing because 1.1 is not installed, or is it attempting to install 1.1 which fails?

I didn't have any problems installing v19. V13 didn't install, stating .NET 1.1 was needed. Next I installed v15 and noticed that it installed .NET 1.1 so I tried v13 again and it installed. V16, 17, 18, then 19 were installed after that.

For me, v15 installed .NET 1.1. After that, it was already installed for any version that wanted it. You might try installing v15 if you can. V13 did not have a 1.1 installer. V15 did have a 1.1 installer. I am unsure of any other version.

This was a new system with a relatively clean OS, with only some corporate security stuff installed. It is an older version of Windows 10 which might make a difference if installing 1.1 fails on a newer version.

Last edited: