Siemens S7-200 Upload question

nykommling

Lifetime Supporting Member
We have a Simatic S7-200 6ES7 214-1B01-0XB0 (relay output) that has a bad output. I want to reprogram to use an open output. I still have an old PC with STEP 7 and was able to connect to the PLC and upload the program. The uploaded program has a couple of the subroutines that show INVALID 2, INVALID 3 and so forth. I'm wondering if it's safe to change the bad output to an unused output and download, or will the INVALIDs cause trouble?

IMG_0544.jpg

Double check the part number, I cant find it... IF I were you I would see if you can find a used one (ebay) as I dont think they have been made for some time and download to that one, or unless your machine is down then take the chance

Are the invalid errors because its empty?

Its been a while since I played with the 200's

The machine is down. No spare is available in our plant. I have to decide if I wait for one to be delivered or take a chance and download.

So make a copy of the program and try deleting the networks, looks like there is just an error because they are empty

Also if the machine is down then its down and broken so what is the worst case? its still down

You are right, the machine is down either way. I have the PLC out and am going to swap the physical relay with an unused one. I'll know soon if that works.

I made the mistake of just doing upload and changing an output and then found out that you need to upload all blocks along with the main program.

I would double check that all the boxes were checked during the upload and that you got everything out of it.