Banner DXMR90R IOLink with ProfiNet experience ?

Ken Roach

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Has anyone here on the Forum used the new Banner DXMR90R-4K IOLink Master device with an S7-1500 or similar ProfiNet controller ?

Banner has been making DXM-family wireless and data handling devices for a while, but they've got a new DXM90 device that is part of their "Snap Signal" product portfolio. I have one because lead times on every other IOLink/ProfiNet device we have found were untenable.

In my opinion it's not particularly ready for prime time, both in documentation and functionality. And so far I haven't been able to pry an example of how it works with ProfiNet out of Banner.

Anyone else got their hands on one ?

This morning Banner was able to provide an updated User Manual that includes some basic examples and information on their ProfiNet functionality.

I'm gonna keep taking notes for feedback. The IIoT functionality of the non-IOLink version is particularly interesting.