RSLogix500 problem for ML1200 Online

azmat.baig

I am very new to AB PLC's we have a ML1200(14 inputs/10 outputs B series) we are trying to connect it with RSLogix500 (4.50) software thro RSLinx 2.20.02, I have staterd the RSLinx and configured the netwrok and assigned the nodes (1) ML1200 & (2) Workstation on DF1 via RS232 port and i can see that my ML1200 is communicating with RSLinx , but when i started RSLogix500 and tried to GO On Line, the Online interfacing window shows ML1500 PLC since due to this i could not able to Upload or Download the program from or to ML1200 and I am getting message "Upload Fail .... Decompiler --> Unknown error"
I tried every possible settings but not successful I don't why the window is showing ML1500
Kindly suggest me the proper solution or guidance or step to be followed

Last edited:
Same question:

http://forums.rockwellautomation.com/posts/0846064edf

If the controller is ten years old, like the software is, then it might be supported by the RSLogix 500 editor.

You might try upgrading to a version of RSLinx Classic Lite (2.57 is the current release) which is a no-charge download from the Rockwell Automation web update service.

http://www.rockwellautomation.com/support/downloads.html

If you upgrade to the modern RSLogix 500 version 8.30 and RSLinx Classic 2.57, those will definitely support all MicroLogix controllers.

RSLogix 500 Problem

Dear Mr.KEN,
Thanx for your guidance PLC (ML1200) has been newly purchased but the RSLogix 500 is ver4.5, i dont know why its happening although RSLinx Gateway(2.02.2) is detecting the ML1200 as a node then why RSLogix500 is able to communicate with the ML1200 infact the ML1200 controller settings have been done in the programming file as well.