Toshiba EX100 instruction question

charp9710

Hi there,

I'm looking at converting a Toshiba EX100 program to a Mitsubishi Q Series. The problem I'm facing is with a count instruction used within the Toshiba EX100 program and specifically how it works.

The Toshiba EX100 I have available will no longer allow me to edit the program to test the instruction.

The Counter instruction counts the number of times the Count Input is ON while the Enable Input is ON. Once the number of cycles is reached the Output goes HI

My question is does the Toshiba EX100 counter have reset functionality and if so how does the reset work or does the count reach the desired value and roll back to 0

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Dan

Last edited:
I'm just curious, why will the EX100 no longer allow you to edit the plc program? Perhaps you could zip and post the file(s) and then we could take a look and offer some help. By the way, page 103 in the manual shown in the link in post #2 above has the Counter instruction. When the enable input goes false, the counter is reset to zero.

Last edited:
Just a thought.
I have had many jobs where I have had to convert one brand of plc to another. And they never convert rung for rung etc.
Not only that, if the original programmer was - shall we say 'not very good' then you can end up copying his horrible mess.

You can spend twice as long just decyphering what the original program was meant to do than writing it from new.

With all I/O and field devices correctly determined and a good description of what happens and when, not only is it quicker but you know how the new program works and can alter and add new features with ease.