Marquee recommendations

ASF

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

Looking for recommendations on a marquee display. I've used Uticor tough marquees before with good results, but they have quite a long lead time here, and this customer wants local stock of whatever equipment we select, so I might have to look at other options.

I need 50mm text, stainless steel enclosure, and ethernet/IP connection to a Compact Logix.

Any recommendations?

Try these guys they have
Vorne
they have partners all over the world
i have used theirs in the past without any problems

this is the one closed to you
Workflow Ltd.

Phone: +64 3579 2999 (NZ)
+61 28 355 7035 (AUS)
Email: [email protected]

Doesn't look like any of those support Ethernet/IP. Only a couple of the really big expensive ones have ethernet at all, and I suspect that's just for configuration, not display values.

It's 2018 and I'm a millenial, I flat out refuse to go to all the hassle of installing RS232 devices on a new system if there's an ethernet version available :D

If you go to there home website they have a solutions to interface them to ethernet just order the right parts. You have do do some of the work for yourself no matter what you do you still have to write the code to place the information to the display

That's what I'm finding for a lot of brands. So far only the Uticor has direct Ethernet/IP support - obviously you still have to write the code to send the value over, but there's not a serial link in sight! I'm just hoping that there are a few other brands out there with direct Ethernet/IP support as well

I'll have a look into them. Ethernet socket is not quite as nice as Ethernet/IP, but still nicer than serial :ROFLMAO:

My former company represented Adaptive Micro Systems:

https://www.adaptivedisplays.com/

I used an Ethernet TCP socket connection from PLCs (mostly Siemens) to send ASCII strings to the sign. It actually worked quite well.

The adaptive signs are tough stuff. We used them in a spraydown meat production facility, and I finally took the last original one down (from around 99) a couple years ago. They sell an protocol converter that is powered by the sign, so it is almost like not having serial in the mix. The PLC was compactlogix and the programmer used arrays of ASCII characters to send messages to the sign.

The "Comms" module uses Ethernet/IP TCP and what are called "easy tags". It's configured via a web browser and it doesn't get much simpler to both setup and interface with (with both the PC and PLC). This used to be the AB product line until Rockwell gave it over to Spectrum who refined it.
http://www.spectrumcontrols.com/products/inview/

Oooh! Exactly what I'm after, and a Rockwell encompass partner! Today is gonna be a good day! :site:

Yeah, that's what their website told me. Unfortunately, my RA distributor is this week in the process of migrating to a different company after being sold, so nobody is answering their phones today.

Yeah, that's what their website told me. Unfortunately, my RA distributor is this week in the process of migrating to a different company after being sold, so nobody is answering their phones today.

My suggestion would be to call NHP directly, or try one of the interstate Rexel branches. I doubt they will all be migrating at the same time.

Rexel only has the distribution in SE Qld - outside of there, it's all NHP. Well, I mean, after today it's all NHP. I put in a call to my NHP rep and he's been trying to find something out about them but haven't heard anything back yet