Rslogix 500 and Hmi help

stu

Hi guru's
I'm after you help , I'm looking to capture data changes on a Hmi (pvp) I would like to know the best way to tackle this ?
I would like to capture any change to a recipe and time stamp and display on a Hmi screen(or a file)
In our recipe we have
Water
Flour
mixing timer 1
mixing timer 2
mixing timer 3
Oil 1
Oil 2
Oil 3
And if any of the info is changed I would like to capture what the change was and time/data?
Can you give me any ideas on how to create this please
I'm using a micrologix 1400 +pvp 700 Version 7
Thanks stu

There is the 'ME CSV Log' and 'ME Data Stor Plus' Active X controls you could possibly use. You can get the manuals for those on the Rockwell support site.
I seem to remember someone using the Recipe control so when you hit save it creates a new recipe where the recipe name is the date and time.

Last edited:
Is this the common way to do this or is there any other ways?
Do u have to use any code like gsv or fifo
Thanks stu

you could use micrologix datalog to log changes. if a change is made just send the data to a data log this will save all changes of all data that you chose. the file is called datalog.exe

You could do it either in the PLC or in the HMI. Since you're using Logix 500, I'd be strongly leaning toward doing it in the HMI, simply because storing all that data in the SLC-type data tables is time consuming and unnecessarily complex. If you were using Logix 5000, you could set up a UDT or AOI and have it done relatively simply, but not so much in Logix 500.

To be honest I'd probably lean toward doing it in the HMI anyway; in my mind this task belongs on a HMI/SCADA system more than it belongs in a PLC.

The DataStorePlus ActiveX is the way to go. Here's a thread where I worked through the process of setting it up with a Logix 5000 controller, but you should be able to translate it to a Logix 500 controller reasonably well.