Communication problems between Panelview 600 and Flexlogix

jackstein

The panelview 600 is connected serially with a Flexlogix 1794-L34 controller. The panelview firmware was upgraded to 5.00.08. On my laptop I am using FactoryView ME 5.00.00 (CPR 9).

On my laptop I can setup the communications so that I can read and write data to the L34. However, when I try this setup on the panelview no communications occur and I get a 'Could not set RSLinx Enterprise Data Server configuration' error when exiting the application.

I also have a Flexlogix 1794-L33 controller that I have tried and am able to setup this application so that the communications work properly between the panelview and L33.

The firmware on the 1794-L34 is R16.01.70.

Thanks for the help.

Welcome to the Forum !

There are a handful of suggestions in the RA Knowledgebase about that error relating to a corrupt project or RSLinx Enterprise configuration.

But there are also mentions of problems with CompactLogix v16.x firmware, and the FlexLogix and CompactLogix firmware were very similar in 16.x.

What version is the firmware in the 1794-L33 ?

Can you upgrade the 1794-L34 to version 16.22, the last release for the L34 ?

I had seen and tried the AB 63223 solution about the corrupt communications files in the runtime file. This did not work.

Since I don't have TechConnect access I do not have access to the AB solution 60202 that suggests upgrading the firmware to V16.21. I am not sure if there are any further steps in this TechConnect that may need to done to try this solution.

Thanks for any help.

All the Knowledgebase article says is that a user with a PV+ had that error message when the project exited, and that upgrading to version 16.21 caused the error to no longer appear.

Since you don't have TechConnect, you're going to have to go to your local RA distributor or sales office and make your case for upgrades to them.