Output value scaling for RS5000 PID

DairyBoy

I've been chasing my tail for a couple of hours now, trying to get the output of the PID instruction to generate a value of 4095 for 100% output. I've set the scaling in the config for 0-4095 for all fields. In auto mode the output reaches 100% but this seems to be the CV as well. I can't find the CV in the PID array. The help file states that the output value is display only.

For MO, SO, SWM, and TIE modes the output is a suspicious 2.442 for 100% manual input value. Do I really have to scale externally?

Any suggestions welcome!

OK, I've found it: It's the really obvious dint called "Control Variable"...

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Dear All, I’m using S7-300. I need to scale an output value for a valve open control. I have an I/O field on my SCADA (WinCC v6.0) where an...
Replies
Views
Apologies if this is a basic thing to ask here. I am controlling an Analog control valve. I need to open it for 100%. At this Juncture PID is not...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a s7-1200 (https://mall.industry.siemens.com/mall/uk/uk/Catalog/Product/6ES7212-1AE40-0XB0) and i have bought an analog output...
Replies
Views
I was trying to use a Micrologix 1100 and a 1762-if2of2 Analog IO card to demonstrate A/D and D/A conversion. Simple ladder logic Enter a value...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to get beyond "do-done" programming and utilize higher functions to make my routines smaller and easier to write. I've just started...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom