micrologix 1000 dde

mstanzak

What I'm trying to do is get counter values from a micrologixs 1000 and display in excel. I am using rslinx gateway and have tried some of the examples in here and I can get it to work on slc 5/02 but cannot get it to work on the micrologix. I think my problem is in the way im connecting I am using my serial cable 1761-PM02 but when I set up my link there is no option under processer for the micrologix so I've been trying different ones (slc500) could this be where my problem is. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

I just set this up and it took about three minutes.

The link syntax in Excel looks like this:

=RSLINX|LinkMicro!'T4:0.ACC,L1,C1'

In RSLinx Gateway DDE/OPC topic configuration, I set up the Controller type as "SLC-5/03+" and made sure that the topic was pointed to the MicroLogix controller that was browsed by the DF1 driver. I checked and it also works with the device type being set to "SLC-500".

I kept the default settings on everything in the DDE Topic configuration.

[attachment]

ml1000_dde.gif

I haven't had a chance to try it yet. My employer has kept me real busy lately. So as soon as things calm down a bit I will try it again.