Panelview Plus 7 1000 Performance V10

Geoff White

Hi,

I'm trying to download a project to a new screen from FTV 9 and it does not recognise the screen as a valid device for download.

When I try to install an EDS for the screen the EDS tool pulls a busted dialog with a red cross on it and then stalls.

Has anyone dealt with this BS before? Is it worth flashing is back to V9 or will the EDS dramas still exist with that version. I don't want to update to FTV10 if I can avoid it.

The latest patch rollup failed to do anything.

Flashing back to 9 allows me to use it but I really would like to know if there is a solution.

Use VNC

The File Transfer Utility has had this problem of not recognizing panels even though the program will run fine when loaded by USB or SD.

The patch may or may not work. If not, the program can be loaded using VNC. A free program such as TightVNC can be used to see see the screen remotely and also download/upload internal files including the runtime program. The key is to activate the service in the control panel/Services settings of the Windows CE operating system. The “View Only” option must be turned off in the Server Config settings also.

Rockwell’s File Transfer Utility has its benefits, but anyone can use VNC for free. The main difference is to make sure the Startup Options are configured in the ME Stations settings.

VNC is probably one of the best features for remote monitoring of these panels. Especially when it is difficult to physically access the equipment.

Last edited:
Or you can downgrade the terminal firmware to 9

Never mind, you already realize that

Hello, i just facing the same problem. i have panel view plus 7 with firmware version 10 and my FTV Studio is version 9.

if i decided to downgrade PVP firmware, it would be OK or it might create new problem?

There are no issues with downgrading the terminal to V9. You can do it with a usb stick or using the firmware wizard in FtView.

You need to first confirm your version of FtView you are using, then match the physical panelview to that version.