Encoder difficulties with H0-CTRIO(2) Module on DL05 PLC

insidiuz

Hi,

I am trying to learn how to use my encoder with my PLC. I recently got a high-speed counter module (H0-CTRIO2) for my DirectLogic05 PLC. I wired my 24V NPN encoder with 10kohm pull up resistors for phases A & B, but the input is still not receiving any signals. Can anyone please provide assistance? Thanks.

Do you have everything set up in the CTRIO Workbench? If so, what addresses are you using? Are you not seeing the anything in the software change or are you just not seeing the led's light up on the module? Not sure if you need the resistors, I have not had to use them in the past - I would have to look at the manual.

Hi StoneMan,

Thanks for your reply. I am using CTRIO Workbench. The I/O Config is only set to quadrature and the addresses that I am using are V2000-V2025. I am not seeing anything in the software when monitoring the I/O and the LED is not lighting up.

For reference, the encoder that I am using is LDP3806, and the manual for this encoder mentions that a pull up resistor is needed for the phases.

Last edited:
Here is a link to a YouTube video that should cover the set up of the CTRIO - disclaimer, I did not watch the entire video.

https://youtu.be/dOG8yi_UP9A

Make sure your firmware is up to date. Verify the OK led is not blinking, this means it is still in program mode.

Last edited:
I watched this video already and made sure that PLC was not in program mode. I found that the resistors were not needed. I found that it was the resistors. Not sure why the document that I used required to have pull up resistors. Although the document is guiding a user on how to use the encoder for Arduino.

Awesome! I didn't get to look up the encoder info but that would make sense with the Arduino. Have fun and keep learning!