HMI and RsLogix software

freeali

Hello , which HMI type can I use with the RsLogix 500 software ? and which the HMI software use to programming it ? could you please tell me more about this issue ? If I have Micrologix 1000 and Rslogix 500 how can I use HMI with them ? Thanks.

Many HMI Manufacturers have I/O drivers for the most popular PLC's.
PV+ will connect to the SLC (I Think), however, the newer versions I believe you will need an interface (Depending on the model of the SLC 500).
You just need to look at the options on the HMI's available do be warned, I connected a Beijers HMI to 3 SLC 500 with no problems (503) I believe, however, we had a 501 on a same type of machine, even though I purchased the interface cable could not get it working, tried several times, gave up & upgraded to the 503 instead. So not always easy but most HMI's seem to have drivers for most PLC's.

Many HMI Manufacturers have I/O drivers for the most popular PLC's.
PV+ will connect to the SLC (I Think), however, the newer versions I believe you will need an interface (Depending on the model of the SLC 500).
You just need to look at the options on the HMI's available do be warned, I connected a Beijers HMI to 3 SLC 500 with no problems (503) I believe, however, we had a 501 on a same type of machine, even though I purchased the interface cable could not get it working, tried several times, gave up & upgraded to the 503 instead. So not always easy but most HMI's seem to have drivers for most PLC's.

As I said I have Allen-Bradley / MicroLogix 1000 , and RsLogix Micro Lite software and want to be able to connect them with a HMI and make a some samples like start/stop push button and a sample for a Motor then when I push a start push button on the screen of the HMI then the XIC and OTE are energize in the RsLogix as well as the Motor sample on the HMI be ON . So I asked you which HMI and it's software is good for this purpose ?

Better to explain the features you need in an HMI (ex: logging, login security, recipes, number of tags/screens required...)

As I said I have Allen-Bradley / MicroLogix 1000 , and RsLogix Micro Lite software and want to be able to connect them with a HMI and make a some samples like start/stop push button and a sample for a Motor then when I push a start push button on the screen of the HMI then the XIC and OTE are energize in the RsLogix as well as the Motor sample on the HMI be ON . So I asked you which HMI and it's software is good for this purpose ?

I will repeat, Most HMI's will do the job, you just need to decide what you prefer. For example: PV+ HMI's are quite expensive, software is expensive and have lots of functionality, GOT (Mitsubishi), Beijers IX, Red Lion, the list goes on but some of these are considerably cheaper. What is your budget.
I believe the Red lion software is free as some of the others maybe. I believe the ML1000 has RS232 interface so should be easy to interface with most HMI's

I have Allen-Bradley / MicroLogix 1000 , and RsLogix Micro Lite software and want to be able to connect them with a HMI

If you are asking about using RSLogix Micro Lite to program a HMI then that is not possible. The Micro Lite software you have is for the Micrologix 1100 only - it cannot be used to program any HMIs.

If you're just asking about any HMI -Refer to the other posts/links regarding available HMIs and the software. Sigma posted a few!

The Micro Lite software you have is for the Micrologix 1100 only - it cannot be used to program any HMIs.

FYI..

And the ML1000

freeali..

Protocol is the key .
The ML1000 supports DF1 and DH485 protocol(s) (user configured) . Your HMI will have to support one of them.
As others have said the HMI will have it's own software.

Last edited:
I would select a HMI that had some good conversion tools to other brands. That way you have a way out to the next HMI that everyone likes.

I wonder if there is a conversion tool that puts the application in a standard format. I get tired of converting an application by hand to another HMI application.