brabender cb-E - lose fill min,max when downloading clx program

mike_dr

I have 16 cb_E connected to OP16 via fiedbus and the cb-E connected to l60 controllogix via en2t ethernet. using generic module in IO config so I can send setpoint, see weight, rate etc. I do not know why and cannot verify but operator said parameters like fill min,max are gone after I download the clx. I dont have write command to said parameters in clx but it is possible to do so. they tend to calibrate via op16 so its not applicable to do it via plc. any thoughts?

sidenote-
16 cb -e took a toll in the network, if I edit in rslogix, there is 1min hang in operator hmi.

Last edited:
Without knowing what the fill min/max parameters relate to but at a guess these are variables in the PLC (for example tags not fixed values to a function) So if these have been set by forcing them in the PLC (or via HMI on an engineering Screen) then when the program is downloaded it is either sending the values stored in the tags in the backup program or resetting the variables in the PLC. My knowledge of CLX is now a bit vague, however in something like Mitsubishi or Siemens(depending on platform) you can back up current data from PLC to Disk so that if whole program downloaded, the data areas of the PLC will contain the values at the time of upload. If the tags for the min/max are not retentive then they are often overwritten on PLC Stop or power down/up.

inthe generic module there are specific address for fill min/max and other parameters defined like cb_E:O:xx but i didnt code them due to operators using Op16 hmi for adjustments. the problem is when I download a logix which shouldnt affect said paramters but im not able to verify if the parameters reset