PanelView - disable the "requested display is already open" alarm?

BAJ

Is there a way to disable the alarm window that pops up on PanelViews when the operator accidentally tries to change to the screen that is currently being displayed? I'm cleaning up a turkey system and the OEM used the same nav bar at the bottom of every screen. It's not a huge deal, but this seems to happen a lot and is a nuisance issue for sure. I can go through and make unique nav for each display, but it'd be much easier if this could just be disabled.

Thanks,
-Brad

You could modify the nav buttons with some logic to examine the display number before opening it, and assign numbers to all the affected displays.

I agree with Okie, Under Global Connections you will find a Display Tab. There you can add a connection tag to report which display is open. To do this each screen must have an unique identification number. You can do this by right clicking on each display and opening Display Settings. After assigning a display id then use the animation property of visiblity for each button. A simple expression will do the trick.

If DisplayIdTag == 10 then 0 else 1

This expression would hide the display identified as 10. If you select visible when true.

tip: create a panel the same size and color of each button and place under each button that way when you button disappears your operator will see a blank button.

I think The screen you are refering is not an alarm screen it is actually the Diagnostic Screen. It does have property value to able to choose what it displays but not sure if you can lock out your situation.

As per your question, I think you want to disable that window. So why dont you just delete diagnostic display from your application..???

After making back to my software the actual place to disable The Diagnostic Screen is located under the System Folder.. Diagnostic List Setup.

According to the help file there is a tip listed at the bottom of the file.

"If you don't want the Diagnostic List to open automatically then clear all the check boxes."

This will have to be your call. Open the Diagnostic List Setup and click the Help Button located there on the property page to read a complete description.

I agree with Okie, Under Global Connections you will find a Display Tab. There you can add a connection tag to report which display is open. To do this each screen must have an unique identification number. You can do this by right clicking on each display and opening Display Settings. After assigning a display id then use the animation property of visiblity for each button. A simple expression will do the trick.

If DisplayIdTag == 10 then 0 else 1

This expression would hide the display identified as 10. If you select visible when true.

tip: create a panel the same size and color of each button and place under each button that way when you button disappears your operator will see a blank button.

I think The screen you are refering is not an alarm screen it is actually the Diagnostic Screen. It does have property value to able to choose what it displays but not sure if you can lock out your situation.

I like this better. If the button disappears, you don't even have to guess if you can navigate to it, not to mention that your hand is now tied to a dead spot on the screen upon loading of the new controls...it is nice to go to a new screen and not already be pressing a button when you get there ;)

Thanks for the suggestions. I did find the settings under "Diagnostics List Setup - Open display automatically when:" Warning was checked, I'm going to uncheck that and see how that works. Changing the buttons visibility is a nice plan-B.

When the windows pops up, if the message has a yellow triangle then it is a warning and disabling warnings as identified above would prevent the pop up from appearing.

If the message has a red circle with a white "x" in it, then it is an error. You probably would not want to disable error messages from triggering the display.

I don't recall which type of message that generates, but here's hoping it is a warning!

OG

For reasons I'm sure we'll never understand, trying to open the screen that is already open is indeed an Error and not just a Warning. Had to go Plan B, which worked great. Thanks cwal61!