Counters

John Cormier

J
:( Just a little brain dead this morning, In a Slc 500, looking to control an accumulator with a counter, Preset is set to 3, that is three objects go into a count and it will discharge one at a time. also three object will go into the accumulator, one at a time. I don't want the accumulator to go higher than 3. I don't know how to reset and have a count of three or less in the accumulator. When I reset it will go to zero. Thanks John C

John, put this rung right after the counter rung ....
  C5:0/DN                           +--MOV--------------------+
----] [-----------------------------| Source C5:0.PRE |---
| Destination C5:0.ACC |
+-------------------------+

This will keep the Counter's accumulator from counting up past its preset value ... which is what I THINK you're trying to do.

Also, in the future, use the LIVE QUESTION AND ANSWER section of the forum - you'll get a lot more help there. This is just the "practice posting" area.

Good luck,

Ron