s7 1200 , HMI Alarms

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
As I unbderstand it only words can be read to the HMI alarms on s7 1200 and the HMI.

Isn't there any easier way to do it then convert all of your M, Q, Is to Words?

Go to the Siemens site I posted on your other topic. Follow the link go through the FAQ's as I suggested and you will find a "bool to word" block.

Whilst it seems silly at the start, I personally think it's handy because you can sneak in the bool to word blocks in a network at the end of your program and you have all of your alarm trigger bits grouped in 1 spot.

This is where bool arrays come in handy.

HTH

Last edited:
I have read it but still thought it was little bit to advanced for only a couple of alarms. Maybe I should use this anyways =)

It's worth getting to know them. In your data block type a meaningful tag name, eg Alarm Bits then in the data type coloumn instead of selecting bool select array "[lo ... hi] of type" Replace "lo" with "0", replace hi with "15", replace "type" with "bool".
See how in seconds you've created 16 alarm tags. Drag those tags 1 by 1 sequentially to the inputs of bool to word block, drag your alarm word into the HMI tag editor, set up the alarms in the HMI alarm editor and bam you're done!
Now else where in your program create the coils that reference the alarm tags based on your alarm conditions. You don't have to use all 16 tags.
The configuration of arrays is large, so play with the above suggestion for now. You are not limited to 16, you can make "lo" = 5 and the "hi" = 112 if you want. Also the data type isn't restricted to just bools.
HTH, NP​