Device Needed - Send Alarm Email on Digital Input

sbaum

Ok so here's the poll...

We need a standalone device that can send an email or SMS message on an external contact closure. It will connect to the internet via hard-wired ethernet. (Wifi may be considered as an alternative). It should be powered by 24VDC or 120VAC.

I repeat a 'stand-alone' device. No other PCs, PLCs or SCADA systems are on the premises.

I am looking for the lowest cost (time considered as well) device to do this. I have several ideas and several more expensive options at my fingertips, but I'd like to hear your input on a basic low-cost device to do this. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking
icon6.gif

In general, these devices are called "Auto dialers". There are generations of old ones with tape recorded audio, or pager connectivity.

If you have just one output you want to monitor, a cheap one will probably do the job:

http://ipautodialer.com/ $135 on Amazon.

sbaum said:
I am looking for the lowest cost

I would guess these are not the cheapest on the market but I have used them for years, so when installing products I have to look at quality and not just the cheapest price

https://www.vikingelectronics.com/

Like I said I have some of their products running for the past 15 years and still running, I dont like being called back to a customers site for issues with something I have installed

In general, these devices are called "Auto dialers".

Thanks. That's down the line that I was thinking. I'll do some searching with those terms.

I would guess these are not the cheapest on the market but I have used them for years, so when installing products I have to look at quality and not just the cheapest price

https://www.vikingelectronics.com/

Like I said I have some of their products running for the past 15 years and still running, I dont like being called back to a customers site for issues with something I have installed

I did look at Viking's products. We have used them in the past and I agree with you that they provide a robust product. But all their products that I could fine are designed for traditional phone lines. It is now 2018... the customer wants an email, not a phone message.